People Operations Coordinator
The Kapor Center work ranges from education programs and community building to evangelism and investing. Throughout all our work, we aim to support those who bring new ideas, voices and innovations to the table, inspired by their own lived experiences. We are seeking a People Operations Coordinator to provide high-quality, wide-ranging human resources support across the Kapor Center. This is a great opportunity for someone starting their career in human resources, looking to build on that experience. This person will model and help to shape the Kapor Center culture, know how to build and maintain trust across the organization, be entrepreneurial in spirit, and, not least of all, be committed to the mission of the Kapor Center.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer and working closely with the People Operations Manager, the People Operations Coordinator will help with:
- Work with external recruiter/hiring manager/team on active recruitments to oversee scheduling of interviews, virtual interview setup, etc.
- Serve as point of contact for search firms to help with scheduling and general support
- Help receive/welcome candidates on interview days and ensure schedules stay on track
- Assist with development of job descriptions
- Post jobs on internal/external websites and help ensure jobs are appropriately promoted
- Keep track of status of all hires, past and present
- Conduct landscape analyses/research for possible new and/or evolving benefits offerings at the Kapor Center.
- Support People Operations Manager in running of SMASH seasonal payroll, which includes 200+ (and growing) employees who work for a few months late spring/early summer
- Backup to People Operations Manager for running regular payroll
- Work with hiring manager, help to establish and schedule on-boarding schedule for new employees
- Oversee on-boarding process of SMASH seasonal employees (e.g., conduct background checks, ensure they have completed appropriate documentation before hire)
- Help administer quarterly Founder’s Meet and Greet for new staff
- Help administer performance management process; track staff progress in system, issue follow-ups as necessary
- Help with design, administration and reporting of staff surveys
- Provide support to Kapor Center special events as needed (e.g., Oakland bus tour, Impact Awards, staff celebrations, etc.)
- Administer service recognition program
- Membership on and support of one or more committees (e.g., Lunch & Learn, Fun Committee, etc.)
- Update HowTo guide (e.g., staff lists, L&L, etc.)
- Maintain organization charts
- Respond to unsolicited job inquiries
- A willingness to jump in and help with other related projects that may not be listed above
- 2+ years human resources experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience, humor and helpfulness at all times – front line contact for employee issues
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills: accuracy is essential.
The Kapor Center provides competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, basic life and disability insurance, 401K, paid time off, holiday benefits and more. The Kapor Center office is located in the uptown district of Oakland, with excellent access to public transportation.