East Bay College Fund is now accepting applications for its $16,000 Great Expectations Scholarship Program.
$16,000 over 4-5 years
A personal mentor and college counselor
Life and professional skills development
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a graduating senior at an Oakland public high school
- Attend a degree program at a 4-year accredited, not for profit, college or university in the U.S.
- Have between a 3.0-3.7 GPA (GPA’s slightly lower or higher will be considered if accompanied by compelling circumstances)
- Have documented financial need
- Demonstrate academic preparation, resiliency, responsibility, resourcefulness, and involvement
*Undocumented students are encouraged to apply.
Applications can be found at: www.eastbaycollegefund.org
Deadline is: February 8th, 2013
2. SFUSD STUDENTS ONLY
The Maisin Scholar Award will be accepting applications beginning January 1, 2013.
To be eligible you must:
- Graduate from a San Francisco public high school during the 2012-13 academic year
- Have a cumulative unweighted GPA of 2.0 – 3.5
- Demonstrate financial need
- Attend accredited community college, four-year college or vocational training program Fall 2013
- Demonstrate a commitment to educational and career goals by:
- Academic record of hard work
- Ability to overcome challenges and a desire to succeed
- Quality involvement with others via work, school, family, or community
- Focus and purpose in pursuing higher education and personal goals
The application will be accessible at the organization’s website at www.maisinscholars.org beginning January 1, 2013, and the deadline to apply is March 1, 2013.