Rockwood is accepting nominations again for its 9-month Fellowship for California Leaders of Color, a multi-session leadership program for nonprofit leaders of color committed to:
- Creating and sustaining compelling visions for their organizations
- Inspiring and aligning others to work effectively towards common goals
- Dealing more effectively with leadership and organizational challenges
- Engaging with a powerful learning community of leaders of color throughout the state.
Rockwood’s criteria for enrollment in the Fellowship include a cohort of leaders who:
- Are positioned in the state of California to help demonstrate new and better ways to lead and work together
- Demonstrate personal/professional readiness to learn new leadership skills – including coaching, feedback, communication, and personal sustainability.
- Manage and lead small to mid sized organizations (under $2 million budget)
- Interest in and ability to partner with organizations outside their region in California
- Are based in the Greater California Bay Area
The bulk of the fellowship costs are covered by Community Leadership Project funds, but each participant must contribute $500 for their participation in the program.
To nominate yourself or another leader to be a 2010-2011 Fellow, please email firstname.lastname@example.org the name, title, organization of the individual, and a brief description why you are nominating them. Nominees who meet the program criteria, will be sent an application. Nominations are due, Wednesday, April 7, 2010. Applications are due May 7, 2010.
A list of last year’s fellows can be found by clicking HERE.
Photo source: http://creativedifference.wordpress.com