- This event has passed.
TechActivist.Org Presents: Malcolm X – The Media’s the Most Powerful Entity
January 31, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Malcolm X said, “The media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent.”
Media has been a tool that has proven to influence the minds, ideas, behaviors, and attitudes of the masses. So is media a tool of the enemy or the people? Come out as TechActivist.Org discuss the difference between corporate media and media made by the people for the people.
TechActivist.Org will kick off this event with a panel discussing the power of media and the role young Black and Brown people play in making media with Glen Ford, Executive Editor of Black Agenda Report (and a Certified Elder of the Black Journalism Tribe).
We will then engage in a hands-on workshop where participants will learn the following:
- The Power of Words – How To Write an Op-Ed with Glen Ford (Black Agenda Report)
- The Power of A Meme – Creating Memes, flyers, images and other easily digestable information you can post on Social Media with Ciara Taylor (Political Educator, Popular Education Project and Poor People’s Campaign)
- The Power of a Photo (or Video) – Learn how to story tell with images with the amazing DefendPR crew
- The Power of Radio – How to get started with Podcast, SoundCloud and Radio
- The Social Power of An Algorithm – Not all information and content on the internet is promoted the same. Learn some tricks and concepts with Idalin Bobé, founder of TechActivist.Org.