- This is a collaborative effort across educators, students, theorists, researchers, and curriculum providers to examine and improve computer science K-12 curriculum and resources to increase engagement in CS for all students.
- With the guidance of an Advisory Board of experts, this project will:
- Conduct A Survey of teachers, students, and curriculum providers on the landscape of culturally relevant CS curriculum.
- Develop a Framework for best practices and strategies for implementing culturally relevant CS curriculum across grades K-12.
- Convene the community of curriculum providers, educators, culturally relevant pedagogy theorists and researchers to identify opportunities to leverage the framework to improve K-12 CS curriculum.
- Fund projects to integrate and improve culturally relevant CS curriculum across grade bands.
Together, these activities aim to improve the relevance of computer science curriculum taught in schools across the country, to ultimately increase interest, engagement, and success in K-12 computer science for traditionally underrepresented students.