Apply Now: Fundraising Academy for Communities of Color, Central Valley 2011-2012 Cohort!

CompassPoint is now accepting applications for the Fundraising Academy for Communities of Color, Central Valley 2011-2012 Cohort.

Launched in 2004 by CompassPoint and the Grassroots Institute for Fundraising Training (GIFT), the Fundraising Academy for Communities of Color helps organizations from communities of color to raise funds they need in a more sustainable way, through diversity of sources and strong relationships with community donors. With the worsening local and state budget crisis, grassroots fundraising is even more important – to raise money and to galvanize advocacy efforts.

From a Fundraising Academy Alumni, “When I was in the academy I was a new ED who needed more knowledge and skills to raise more money for the Bayview YMCA. Over the last 4 years, we grew the budget from 500K to 5 million. I know that the tools, practice, and confidence building I acquired from the Fundraising Academy for Communities of Color helped to make this happen.”

Participation in the academy includes:
·         8 days of group training
·         15 hours on individual coaching on fundraising strategies
·         Multicultural training setting
·         One year subscription to the Grassroots Fundraising Journal
·         One copy of Kim Klein’s book, Reliable Fundraising in Un-Reliable Times

If selected, your organization will need to pay a participant fee of $500 – $2,000 based on the size of your annual budget.  This represents close to 10% of the total cost to hold the academy, so the other 90% is subsidized by academy sponsors. Please know that there are no additional discounts or scholarships, and that many groups have successfully raised money for this fee as a first step in conducting grassroots fundraising with their board and supporters!

Visit the Fundraising Academy web page to read more about the program.

The Application

Applications to the Central Valley Academy must be submitted electronically no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 26. You may access the online application by clicking HERE.

Applicants will be notified of selection decisions by early November.

If you have any questions about the program, please contact Adriana Rocha, Practice Director, at adrianar AT compasspoint DOT org.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *